I love perfectly cooked chicken. This crispy chive chicken is so tasty and QUICK to make. You can have it on the table within 15 minutes.
Great for those nights when you want to avoid the kitchen as much as possible.
This recipe is gluten free and uses almond meal as the base of the chicken coating. Almonds are such a great nut. They are high in vitamin E and are packed with nutrients that boost brain activity. Perfect for kids and babies.
If your child hasn’t tried almonds yet or is allergic, or you just don’t like almonds, you can substitute the almond meal for breadcrumbs.
This is great with my super rice recipe.
* 500g chicken breast
* 3/4 cup almond meal
* 2 teaspoons dried chives
* 2 teaspoons garlic powder or dried garlic granules
* 1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Place almond meal, chives and garlic into a large bowl and combine.
2. Slice chicken breast into bite-sized strips (around 1-2cm thick otherwise the cooking time will increase).
3. Toss chicken pieces in almond mixture until completely coated.
4. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium-low heat until sizzling (make sure the pan is not too hot but also not to low heat other wise the coating will cake on the bottom of the pan).
5. Place chicken pieces in pan and cook for around 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
6. Cover pan with foil and leave chicken to rest for several minutes.
7. Cut one chicken piece in half to ensure it is cooked through.
Like this recipe? Take a look at more Good Baby Kitchen healthy recipes for babies, kids and the whole family.
You can also check out more of my gluten free recipes.
* Make sure when you purchase garlic powder or granules that it is 100 per cent garlic with no other additives. Either one should be in the spice aisle at the supermarket.
* You can make up a batch of this and freeze it for later in the week.
And keep connected with Good Baby Kitchen on Facebook so you never miss a post! xxx