These are such a yummy option for breakfast, lunch or snacks throughout the day.
They’re packed with extra nutrients from zucchini and cheese and are great with a bit of homemade tomato relish, some butter or just plain.
An excellent savoury alternative for breakfast for those not-so-sweet-tooths.
I wrap these in cling wrap and freeze them in individual packets of two to make for easy to grab snacks for Molly.
I also tend to make mine as pikelets, but if you prefer a larger pancake go for it.
* 1 medium zucchini
* 1 teaspoon garlic
* 40g low salt grated cheese
* 2 cups self-raising flour
* 1 teaspoon bi-carb soda
* 2 cups milk
* Knob of butter to grease the frying pan (optional)
1. Grate the zucchini and cheese.
2. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium-low heat and grease with a bit of butter if desired.
4. Place tablespoons of the mixture into the frying pan and spread slightly to make a round pancake or pikelet.
5. Cook for around 2 minutes on the first side or until bubbles start to form in the mixture. I generally lift the pancake slightly from the pan to see if it has started to go golden on the other side.
6. Flip pancakes and cook for another 1-2 minutes on remaining side.
* You can freeze these in packets of two to make for easy snacks.