I’m a sucker for a good cheese sauce. Give me a bowl of freshly steamed vegetables covered in cheese sauce any day.
As an added bonus this gluten free cheese sauce is also low-salt. I use it in my tasty lamb lasagne but it’s great to top anything that you want to have a cheesy kick to it.
You can add herbs and garlic to this too if you want to give it a bit more flavour.
This is also great to use as a cheese fondue for the kids with some cut up vegetables or fruit for dipping.
* 2 tablespoons cornflour
* 2 cups milk
* 1 cup low salt mozzarella or cheddar cheese
1. Place cornflour into a saucepan and add a small amount of the milk. Mix carefully to form a thick paste.
2. Add remaining milk to the saucepan and place over the stove on high heat. Use a whisk to continuously stir the mixture.
3. When the milk begins to thicken, remove from the heat and whisk through cheese. It should be a custard-like consistency.
4. If you want a thicker sauce return to low heat and whisk continuously until desired thickness.
* Make sure you keep whisking the mixture. When it starts to thicken it will do so really quickly so you don’t want to risk it burning to the bottom of the pan.
* You can add a teaspoon of herbs and/or garlic to this mixture to give it extra flavour. A sprinkle of nutmeg is also nice too.
And keep connected with Good Baby Kitchen on Facebook so you never miss a post! xxx