I am the first to admit to over-eating at Christmas. There is always so much food around and it always tastes soooo good.
Trifle is one of my absolute favourite things to eat at Christmas time. But most trifles are laden with sherry and sugar and aren’t so good for little kiddie tummies or our adult waistlines.
This is my healthier version of trifle that is sugar-free, kid-friendly and tastes DELISH.
I use fresh raspberries because they’re my absolute favourite and at the moment they are just perfect. But if you can’t find any good fresh raspberries defrosted frozen ones are fine too.
If mangos aren’t in season when you’re making this you can always use canned mango slices in natural juice.
These are also great to make as individual mini trifles and look super cute in glass ramekins.
This will serve six people.
* 6 sugar-free vanilla cupcakes (you can find the recipe here)
* 375g raspberries
* 1 & 1/2 mangos
* 600g thick and creamy, no-added-sugar greek yoghurt
* 3 tablespoons sugar-free raspberry jam
* Mint leaves to garnish (optional)
1. Save two raspberries for garnishing and halve remaining raspberries.
2. Thinly slice mango cheeks lengthways and remove skin.
3. Cut cupcakes in half horizontally.
4. Spread half the jam on the bottom of a clear glass bowl.
5. Layer half of the cupcakes on top of the jam.
6. Place half of the raspberries on top of the cupcake halves.
7. Spoon half of the yoghurt on top of the raspberries.
8. Place half of the mango slices on top of the yoghurt.
9. Repeat layering process beginning from jam layer but alternate the mango and yoghurt layers so you finish with a layer of yoghurt.
10. Top with two raspberries and some mint leaves if you have them to garnish.
* I use the St Dalfour raspberry jam as it is 100% fruit, sugar-free and tastes delicious
* This is great to make up as individual mini trifles.
And keep connected with Good Baby Kitchen on Facebook so you never miss a post! xxx