We had Molly’s birthday party on the weekend!! I still can’t believe she’s one!
I love big parties and the buzz of friends and family enjoying good food and cheer. We had a big bunch of people over to our place for a BBQ to celebrate.
One of my creations for the party was this healthy sugar free fairy bread. It’s so simple to make and also is a great snack for morning or afternoon tea anytime of the year (who needs a party as an excuse!).
Molly is OBSESSED with Elmo at the moment and everytime she sees her Elmo doll she gives him big kisses and cuddles which is super cute. So naturally, the party was Elmo and Sesame Street themed.
I made a batch of normal fairy bread with sprinkles but I wanted a healthy option that Molly and the other kids could eat too.
This is so simple to make and tastes delicious. The older kids at the party were grabbing for it over the normal fairy bread. You won’t be able to stop at one piece.
* 20g freeze-dried strawberries
* 20g freeze-dried apple pieces
* 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
* Handful of shredded coconut or coconut flakes (optional)
* 8 pieces of soft white bread
* Softened butter or margarine
1. Place strawberries, apple pieces and desiccated coconut in a food processor and whiz until fine and crumbly.
2. Butter bread.
3. Sprinkle strawberry mixture over buttered bread and cut into triangles.
4. Scatter coconut flakes over the top if desired.
* You can find freeze-dried fruit in the health food aisle of your local supermarket.
* You could also add chia seeds to the mixture if you want extra crunch.
* Place any leftover strawberry mixture in a snap-lock bag and store in the pantry.
And keep connected with Good Baby Kitchen on Facebook so you never miss a post! xxx