I love mushy peas. They’re an absolute favourite of mine, particularly with a good meat pie.
This version on mushy peas is great because it is packed with the extra goodness from avocados.
When Molly was first starting solids avocados were her absolute favourite thing. She would literally try and rip the spoon off us to gobble it all up. Avocados are great for kids because they’re packed with essential fats, are high in calories (good for when you’re trying to chub up your bub) and are a good source of vitamin K, E, C, B6, B5 and B9. Basically the entire alphabet. They’re also a great source of potassium and contain more potassium per weight than bananas.
For smaller babies just starting on solids you can also puree this so it is completely smooth. Just pulse it in the food processor for longer.
I serve these with my citrus thyme lamb cutlets.
* 2 cups frozen peas
* 1/2 large avocado
* 1 teaspoon garlic
1. Place peas in a saucepan and cover with boiling water.
2. Cook peas on high heat for around five minutes.
3. Add peas, avocado and garlic to a food processor and give a few quick pulses until it is the consistency you desire. If you don’t have a food processor you can always just mash the ingredients together with a fork or a masher.
* If you’re serving this to smaller babies you can puree it by pulsing for longer in the food processor and adding a dash of water.
* You can also add herbs if you’d like some more flavour.
And keep connected with Good Baby Kitchen on Facebook so you never miss a post! xxx