It’s Christmas and we all tend to be guilty of overeating during the holidays. Especially with the enormous amount of functions that you get invited to.
These strawberry Santas are not only super cute but they’re healthy too so you won’t feel so bad eating them at your next Christmas function.
They’re also really quick and easy to whip up and contain no sugar. The filling is just cream cheese, butter and no-added sugar 100% fruit jam.
These are also great to make with your toddler or kids if they’re keen to get involved in the Christmas cooking.
If you don’t already have piping nozzles for the frosting you can generally pick up cheap disposable ones at the supermarket. Or you could always just use a knife to spread the frosting.
Also if your baby is under 6 months, I’d probably steer clear of these ones. Strawberries are one to watch out for with food allergies. I’d generally cut them in half for babies that aren’t particularly skilled with food too.
I guarantee these are going to make you super popular at the next Christmas function. Healthy, yum and cute. What more could you want in a Christmas snack?
* 1 punnet fresh strawberries
* 125g cream cheese
* 30g unsalted butter
* 1 tablespoon 100% fruit no-added sugar strawberry jam
1. Combine cream cheese, butter and jam in a bowl and mix with an electric beater until smooth and combined. Place in the fridge to cool for five minutes.
2. Meanwhile rinse and dry strawberries and cut the leaves off the top.
3. Turn strawberries upside down and cut the ends off just enough so you can make a little hat out of the bottom half of the fruit.
4. Remove frosting mixture from the fridge and place into a piping bag.
5. Using the smaller rosette nozzle, pipe a layer of the cream cheese mixture onto the larger half of the strawberry.
6. Place the small hat end on top of the frosting and press gently so the two halves stick together.
7. Pipe a small bit of the frosting on the top of the strawberry to act as a hat pom pom.
* Make sure when transporting these that you put them in a container where the frosting doesn’t touch the top or the pom pom will fall off.
And keep connected with Good Baby Kitchen on Facebook so you never miss a post! xxx