A friend of mine tried this frosting and said that she found it hard to believe that there really was no sugar in it. “But it tastes so naughty,” she said.
I 100 per cent agree with her and am always tempted to eat it before it actually makes it onto whatever I’m icing.
This frosting is delicious on my egg-free. sugar-free, caffeine-free chocolate cupcakes but you can use it as an alternative on anything you would normally put buttercream on.
It is made with carob, not cocoa so it is also caffeine-free and perfect for the kids.
If you’re into piping frosting onto cakes, this is a great consistency for that too.
* 250g block of cream cheese, roughly diced
* 1-2 tablespoons carob powder depending on taste (I use 1.5 tablespoons in my mixture)
* 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
* ½ cup firmly packed pitted dates
* 60g unsalted butter, roughly diced
1. Place dates and rice malt syrup into a food processor and blend for five minutes or until the dates are all processed and a sticky peanut-butter-like-paste forms as shown below.
2. Beat cream cheese and butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until combined.
3. Add carob powder and date paste and beat until smooth and creamy.
4. Place in fridge to cool for five minutes and then pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes.
And keep connected with Good Baby Kitchen on Facebook so you never miss a post! xxx