Raspberries are such a great fruit. I always have a big packet of frozen raspberries in the freezer to chuck in smoothies, use in baking or just put on my cereal in the mornings.
This frosting is the perfect complement to my egg-free, sugar-free, caffeine-free chocolate cupcakes as it cuts through the sweetness of the cupcake so nicely.
You can use it to replace anything you would use buttercream on normally.
Shhh, don’t tell the kids the icing is actually healthy.
* 250g block of cream cheese, roughly diced
* 2 tablespoons of 100% fruit raspberry jam with no added sugar (I use the St Dalfour brand but you could also make your own)
* 2 tablespoons of fresh or frozen raspberries
* 60g unsalted butter, roughly diced
1. If using frozen raspberries defrost in the microwave in a bowl lined with paper towel and ensure all the excess water is pressed out of the fruit.
2. In a bowl beat the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until combined.
3. Stir through raspberry jam and fresh/frozen raspberries.
4. Place in fridge to cool for five minutes.
5. Pipe or spread onto whatever tasty treat you’ve just made.
Mmmmm and isn’t the best part always licking the beaters?
And keep connected with Good Baby Kitchen on Facebook so you never miss a post! xxx