These are a great treat and are perfect for birthday parties.
My big tip is to make sure you cream the butter for the appropriate amount of time. This will ensure delicious velvety cupcakes that everyone will love.
You can also make them egg-free by using natural egg replacer in place of the eggs.
These are also great to use as a base for my healthy Christmas trifle.
* 125g unsalted butter
* 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
* 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or natural vanilla extract
* 1 & 1/2 cups plain flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/4 cup pear nectar or 100% fruit apple juice
* 3 eggs or 3 eggs worth of natural egg replacer
1. Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180C and line cupcake trays with patty cases.
2. Cream the butter for at least 3 minutes until pale and creamy.
3. Add the rice malt syrup to the butter in two batches and mix until just combined.
4. Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time and mix until just combined.
5. Sift the flour and baking powder together into a small bowl.
6. Add the flour and baking powder to the butter mixture in alternate batches with the milk and mix until just combined.
7. Add the pear nectar or juice and vanilla to the mixture and combine.
8. Spoon mixture into pre-prepared trays and fill until 3/4 full.
9. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cupcake comes out clean.
10. Cool in trays for 2 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Pipe or spread frosting on top and serve.
* Make sure you cream the butter for a minimum of three minutes to ensure you have nice velvety cupcakes.
* You can also add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the mixture to give it a bit more flavour.
And keep connected with Good Baby Kitchen on Facebook so you never miss a post! xxx