I love stewed fruits. This is such a great dessert or snack option and you can serve it to your family/baby in a number of different ways depending on their skill level with food.
I generally do half a batch pureed and the rest as shown in the photo above. It’s great for freezing into cubes and making for an easy microwavable breakfast with some yoghurt for those days when you’re so tired you feel like your eyeballs might fall out.
This is perfect in winter or summer. In summer I’d eat this with some vanilla ice cream and in winter with some hot custard. YUM YUM!
* 6 large red apples
* 1/2 cup blueberries
* 1/2 cup raspberries
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
* 1 cup water
1. Peel apples, remove cores and cut each apple into eight wedges. Place into a large saucepan.
2. Add all remaining ingredients to the saucepan and place over high heat with the lid on for 8 minutes.
3. Remove lid and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the apple is soft and all the water has been absorbed. Add an extra dash of water if the mixture is not cooked at the end of the 5 minutes and ensure it doesn’t burn on the bottom of the pan.
4. If you want to puree this for smaller babies, place in a food processor and add 1 tablespoon of water. Whiz until it is of a desired consistency.
* I puree this and freeze it in cubes to make for an easy fruit option to go with yoghurt for Molly.
* For the adults this is delicious served warm with some custard, ice-cream or whatever takes your fancy.
And keep connected with Good Baby Kitchen on Facebook so you never miss a post! xxx